The chatbot of TEZ Tour Bulgaria, a leading Russian tour operator operating in Bulgaria and the Balkans region, helps the agency’s personnel to gather the necessary information from the clients so that they can be provided with an offer that meets their requirements. The implementation of TEZBot by Umni in 2019 was most useful for 2 departments in TEZ Tour – Reservations and Marketing. In one department the staff communicates directly with tourists, provides information, and makes reservations, and in the other, they take care to promote the company’s products in all channels and keep up-to-date information everywhere.
With TEZBot no time is wasted in conversations with clients for information about standard procedures, which are available on the website such as methods of payment, how to make reservations, necessary documents, visa requirements, and more. Also, no time is wasted in obtaining all the necessary information for preparing a travel offer, where the steps to collect the information are over 15. TEZBot provides information to staff and customers accurately, clearly, and conveniently.
The chatbot also collects many emails from direct customers of their choice, which are used in email marketing afterward.
The main tasks assigned to the TEZBot chatbot were:
- Assistance in all steps towards reservations
- Collection of information for inquiries
- Providing general information about destinations, visa requirements, telephone numbers, company addresses
- Providing links to the website – traffic is sent to the website
- Collection of emails, customer phones, statistics, and frequently asked questions from users and their behavior in the chatbot (GDPRcompliant).
- Available to customers – around the clock!
- Customers do not wait to receive information
The results in the first 10 months of the TEZTour chatbot performance:
- Over 4200 customers have communicated with the chatbot one or more times,
- Nearly 30,000 replied messages, an average of 140 to 350 messages per day on busy days
- Over 1100 successful inquiries
- Over 700 customers subscribed to the company newsletter through the chatbot
- The night duty staff in the team: processed inquiries between 19:00-8:00 – on average 35% of all inquiries (night peak in communication with the chatbot 20:00-23:00)
- Saved: an average of 10 to 12 minutes per customer in the Marketing Department and in the Reservations Department or over 850 working hours to the staff
The highest proof of the TEZBot concept’s success is the “Thank you” message texted back to the chatbot by the customers at the end of their conversation.
The employees’ satisfaction due to their time optimization and routine tasks automation also increased.
“(Before TEZBot) the customer messages were much less than now, and it took me half a working day to respond to each message along with all my other obligations. I can say that instead of 2 people in the Marketing department, we are now 3 – with the chatbot”, said Romina Lepoeva, Marketing Department, TEZTour.