41% of the inquiries through the AI chatbot are at night
Hotel complex “Izgreva” is in the village of Banya – balneological center, located in the central part of the Razlog valley. The complex provides all the amenities for rest and relaxation – guest rooms, restaurant, summer garden, all year-round outdoor hot spring mineral pools, sunbeds, umbrellas, ointment, beautifully designed flower alleys, and greenery, children’s playground, and tents, under which in the shade one can enjoy delicious food.
*to get the full case study, please click on the download button.
The complex had old website and no automation of the communication with the customers. There are numerous phone calls throughout the day and even during the night by customers inquiring on various hotel topics. All incoming calls are taken directly by the Manager of the complex which is leading to overextended working hours for her everyday and causes a delay to all her duties related to the management of the complex. The time for focusing on the customer service and being able to interact with the guests on site is limited to a couple of hours per day.
Hotel complex “Izgreva” trusted the routine customer communication to automation by a new landing page with an AI chatbot created directly on Umni platform.
In the first 7 months of implementing the AI chatbot in 2022, the hotel complex digital assistant already accomplished:
- Over 1100 topics are covered in Bulgarian and English
- Over 7000 customers have communicated with the bot one or more times
- Over 53,000 replied messages, an average of 217 to 332 messages per day on busy days
- 10 different inquiry forms in Bulgarian and English were used 465 times
- 41% of the forms were submitted outside the working hours
- 44% of the communication happens between 18:00 and 8:00
- 74% of the communication is via mobile phone
- Digitization of the Restaurant menu through the chatbot
- Automation of accommodation requests via chatbot
- Replacement of the old site with a new one by redirecting the domain to a landing page with an AI chatbot created on the Umni platform
“We had an old website with limited and old information about the hotel complex. The only way for the clients to ask us a question or get in touch with us was to call me directly, which was very time consuming for me. I was on duty calls almost 24/7. I am glad that our clients like very much the chatbot and use it frequently, also that it is now available 24/7 instead of me. The Umni team advised us to make flyers and QR codes to direct visitors and guests of the complex to the chatbot and thus we speeded up additionally the service and acceptance of orders in the restaurant. The smart digital assistant really helps and saves a lot of time!”
Owner of Hotel Complex Izgreva