42% of the inquiries through the AI chatbot are at night
Hotel complex “Izgreva” is in the village of Banya – balneological center, located in the central part of the Razlog valley. The complex provides all the amenities for rest and relaxation – guest rooms, restaurant, summer garden, all year-round outdoor hot spring mineral pools, sunbeds, umbrellas, ointment, beautifully designed flower alleys, and greenery, children’s playground, and tents, under which in the shade one can enjoy delicious food.
*to get the full case study, please click on the download button.
The complex receives many phone calls during the day and even at night – customer requests for reservations, frequently asked questions about the complex and its amenities, pools, hours, restaurant menu, special rates, for groups and special events, services, etc. Communication is inclusive in foreign languages and few in the team speak basic English. The complex is also visited daily by outside visitors due to access to the restaurant and pool, which further burdens the staff with routine issues. All incoming calls are taken directly by the complex manager, resulting in extended daily opening hours and delays in complex management duties or missed calls. Time to focus on customer service and the opportunity for personal interaction with guests is limited. The complex has an old and poorly functioning website, no automation of customer communication, and does not use social media due to a lack of resources to maintain it.
Hotel complex “Izgreva” trusted the routine customer communication to automation by a new landing page with an AI chatbot created directly on the Umni platform.
The main tasks assigned to the chatbot were:
- 24/7 Customer service
- Taking charge of communication with foreign customers (English)
- Instantly respond to customers
- Collection of inquiries for room reservations, massages, special events, prices
- Assistance in all steps to making reservations
- Providing detailed information about the complex, its premises, policies and services
- Sharing the digital menu of the restaurant
- Giving more information about the village of Banya
- Guiding to the nearest ATM and places to visit
In the first year (2022) of implementing the AI chatbot, the hotel complex digital assistant already accomplished:
- Over 1100 topics are covered in Bulgarian and English
- 16,222 customers have communicated with the chatbot one or more times
- Over 82,500 interactions from customers (clicks or questions) were taken care of, an average of 200 to 480 interactions per day on busy days, with a peak in July 2022 – over 13,500 interactions from hotel guests in that month
- 10 different inquiry forms in Bulgarian and English were used over 860 times by customers from over 17 countries
- Up to 41% of the forms were submitted outside the working hours
- 42% of the communication happens between 18:00 and 8:00
- 74% of the communication is via mobile phone
- Over 3,200 customers with over 4,000 customer interactions on its busiest day this year
- Saved over 1400 working hours for the hotel manager
- Digitization of the Restaurant menu through the chatbot
- Automation of accommodation requests via chatbot
- Replacement of the old site with a new one by redirecting the domain to a landing page with an AI chatbot created on the Umni platform
“We had an old website with limited and old information about the hotel complex. The only way for the clients to ask us a question or get in touch with us was to call me directly, which was very time consuming for me. I was on duty calls almost 24/7. I am glad that our clients like very much the chatbot and use it frequently, also that it is now available 24/7 instead of me. The Umni team advised us to make flyers and QR codes to direct visitors and guests of the complex to the chatbot and thus we speeded up additionally the service and acceptance of orders in the restaurant. The smart digital assistant really helps and saves a lot of time!”
Owner of Hotel Complex Izgreva