The buttons in a website chatbot are those that help customers with 1 click to find more information, go to a different webpage of the business website, to open a file, video, or other useful information to learn more about. The buttons in the cards can be up to 3 on a single card and can be used for:
- Additional information inside the chatbot – text or other carousel of cards
- Information outside the chatbot – through a link to anywhere online: a webpage, a .pdf for downloading, video, reservation system, or other
- Form – Inquiry form, message, registration, or other to collect information in the chatbot
People who prefer not to chat but click will use the CTA buttons to find what they are searching for. Buttons with CTA are an inseparable part of the chatbot elements and help to provide various sources of information.
Here is an example of the Umni chatbot with a card with 3 buttons to:
- A scheduling platform to schedule a Demo
- A carousel with cards with images and more information
- An Inquiry form for additional information about provided services
A good practice is to use all of the types of buttons in the cards to show information to customers in different ways to gain their interest and engage them more.